For high school students only and offered as a Stanford summer camp,
Logic Is Fundamental is where you will master a life skill you need to succeed.
Logic - being able to reason clearly - is fundamental to almost everything you do:
- The subjects you study; the professions you pursue. Computer programming, mathematics, the sciences, social sciences, the humanities, the arts, medicine, law all require you to read, write, and think critically.
- What you decide. Advertisers, politicians, companies, and organizations, your friends, family, and experts in a field - all at some time want you to buy their products, vote for them, or support what they believe and want to do. Logic helps you spot the hype, the nonsense, who is wrong and right.
- How you think and formulate your own opinions and views. You use the language of logic to state observations, define concepts, and form theories. You use reason to reach conclusions and solve problems all the time.
Hermione Granger got it right when, facing the potion-master's test, she said: "This isn't magic - it's logic - a puzzle. A lot of the greatest wizards haven't got an ounce of logic; they'd be stuck here forever." - Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone
With logic, you can succeed and move forward.
WHY THIS LOGIC CAMP?
- LOCATION: Stanford's campus, where we use its classrooms and draw on the resources of Silicon Valley and the Bay Area. Read more
- TIME: Weekdays 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM from July 15 through July 26.
- INSTRUCTORS. An award-winning high school teacher, an accomplished elementary school teacher, and a Stanford Computer Science professor (who literally wrote the book on Logic). Read more
- ENGAGING CLASSES & FUN COURSE MATERIALS. You'll be challenged with a schedule rich in engaging lectures, team and individual exercises, projects, puzzles, and games, along with special events and guests. Read more
- LIMITED ENROLLMENT. Since we're targeting registration of just 24 students, you will benefit from individual attention and small class size. Read more